Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grands Taco Melts

I'm not much of a cook.  I would far rather be quilting or sewing or stitching or knitting or scrapbooking!!!  However, that being said, last night I decided to make a recipe that I found in a calendar that my secretary gave me to give to my daughter.  It was delicious!!!!

Here is the recipe for the Grands Taco Melts
1pkg taco seasong mix
2/3 cups water
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 lb lean ground beef -cooked and drained
1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated busicuits (any variety)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
1 cup of sour cream if desired

Heat oven to 375 degrees
In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa and cooked ground beef until thickened.
Press each biscuit into 6-inch rounds.  Fill each with taco mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese.  Fold dough over the filling and press to seal.  Place on greased (I used parchment paper) cookie sheet.
Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream.

Here are a couple of pictures!





2 comments:

sandie said...

looks good! i'll have to try it!

Mrs. Susan Bowman said...

sounds (and looks yummy)