Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday at the Kimmel Center

Every year my mom takes me to the Kimmel Center for Christmas to see Peter Nero and the Philly Pops. I love going to the Kimmel center. This is a trip conducted by the Seniors Citizens of South Jersey so that can be quite entertaining in itself.

We left at 11 AM and went to the Moshulu for lunch. http://www.moshulu.com/site/main.asp . I have never eaten on the Moshulu so this was new and exciting. It is docked at Penn's Landing. It is a 4 star restaurant. I had the Chicken.

Than it was off to the Kimmel Center for the Philly Pops Christmas Concert http://www.phillypops.com/. It was so good. The Von Trapp Children were there singing with the pops this year. (You remember Kirk from the movie, Sound of Music - he says in the movie, "I'm Kirk and i'm incouragable." - these Von Trapp children were his great great grandchildren). They were really good. There were 4 of them.

The concert was about two hours long. Not long enough - I love just being inside the concert hall. It is like being inside of a huge violin. Music is such a wonderful gift from God.

Of course, now our tree is decked out with a new ornament from the Kimmel Center - actually two this year. The newest musical instrument is a trombone. (The last two years brought a violin and a flute). I would have only gotten the one ornament but they also have a new brass ornament that is a likeness of the Kimmel Center - of course, I had to have that!!

It was a great day. Let the holidays begin!!!! (But not too fast, I've got so much to do!!!) REJOICE!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Susan Bowman said...

Nice pictures!!! I'm impressed!